Others Jobs Senior Unix Engineer Position at Optimum Solutions (Hong Kong) Limited
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
We are hiring! To candidates with Degree which prioritizing honesty and discipline and experienced in the field of , we Optimum Solutions (Hong Kong) Limited, are looking for candidates who are interested to join us and fill the position as senior unix engineer and dedicated to work in full time, permanent & contract which domiciled in Others and surrounding areas.
We offer a competitive monthly base salary from HK$14,000 - HK$43,000.
Due to prioritize professionalism in the work environment, the salary can be adjusted upon compromise with our company's HRD according to the capabilities of the candidate.
|Company||Optimum Solutions (Hong Kong) Limited|
|Position||Senior Unix Engineer|
|Work Experience||7 years|
|Type of Work||Contract, Full Time, Permanent|
|Minimum Salary||HKD 14.000|
|Maximum Salary||HKD 43.000|
- Coordinate and work on UNIX Infrastructure projects in APAC Data centers and colocations
- Reduced latency resulting in improved fill ratios for traders.
- Server capacity planning and deployment
- System configuration, customization, optimization, and upgrade
- System resilience strategy and implementation
- Reduction in the number and severity of System related incidents
- UNIX patching automation to comply with Group IT Security Standard
Essential Technical Knowledge / Skills
- Solid understanding of the operating system RedHat/Linux
- IT Security and SSO tools on ArcSight, CyberArk, Centrify –plus
- System patching tools on RedHatSatellite
- Strong architecture knowhow on IBM & HP Blade, p-Series, i-Series and X-Series
- Ability to write scripts in common administrative languages (shell, perl, python or etc)
- Complementary knowledge of scripting/automation/diagnostic software and tools
- Good knowledge of Equity and high-frequency trading (HFT) business on 10Gb Etechnology
- Perform production support for critical Linux server platforms in a fast-paced environment
- Provide direct user support and address system-related requests in Front office trading floors
- Server x86 hardware and Linux performance fine-tuning and monitoring
- RHEL in-depth troubleshooting, problem management, and root cause analysis
- OS/server provisioning, standardization, and policy control on a regional basis
- Support roster on the morning shift, holiday, and weekend are required
- Occasional travel in APAC for data center projects
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree in Information Technology related discipline, preferably with RHELcertificates
- 7-year experience in IT role of which 5-year experience as a UNIX SA Engineer
- Strong background in service delivery and production support for critical systems
- Previous experience in an investment banking-focus business is highly appreciated
- Fluency in English
- 7 years exp with 5 years as Senior UNIX Eng
- knowhow on IBM & HP Blade, p-Series, i-Series
- Solid exp in Linux platform support
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
is a full spectrum Software Solutions and a Managed Services Company providing Professional Services since 1997, we have been providing IT consulting professionals to major national and local firms, Fortune 500, software integrator and software development
companies, and major national and local consulting firms.
Opportunities abound when you work @ Optimum, a World-Class Software Solutions and Service Provider. Our client list includes major Fortune
500 organizations, customers are primarily from Banking and Finance, Manufacturing, Distribution, Technology, Service and Healthcare verticals.
We have got over 2200 consultants working with us and have developed into a rapidly growing, highly competitive and responsive firm with
strong management, technical and financial resources and commitment to fully serve its clients in Singapore, USA, China, Malaysia, Philippines and India.
- Industry: Information Technology
- Benefits & Others: Medical insurance, Five-day work week