Central & Western Area Jobs Senior Manager, Events Position at Association of Pacific Rim Universities Limited
- Job vacancies posted on: 10 months ago
We are hiring! Our company is merrily looking for a candidate to fill the position of Senior Manager, Events. For those of you who live in Central & Western Area and its surrounding areas, we need you to then join our company office, Association of Pacific Rim Universities Limited, and able to under a full time & permanent working hours.
As a professional business with expertise in the field we serve, we have specific standards for each candidates interested to join our company. If you have experience in the field of with at least Degree, professional, honest, and disciplined, we will enthusiastically hearing from you to join our company.
We offer you the salary rates ranging from HK$14,000 - HK$43,000. The provision pertaining to the average starting initial salary we offer may change if you meet or even beyond the minimum requirement we are looking for in accordance with our company HRD agreement.
|Association of Pacific Rim Universities Limited
|Senior Manager, Events
|Central & Western Area
|Type of Work
|Full Time, Permanent
The Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) is a network of 60 leading universities linking the Americas, Asia, and Australasia. We bring together thought leaders, researchers, and policymakers to exchange ideas and collaborate on practical solutions to critical challenges in the Asia and Pacific region by leveraging our members’ collective education and research capabilities into the international public policy process.
APRU’s primary activities and focus areas include multi-hazards, global health, women in leadership, indigenous knowledge, sustainable cities, artificial intelligence, the future of higher education, and more.
Reporting to the Director, Network Engagement, the Senior Manager, Events is responsible for managing the planning and execution of events of different scales and formats from inception to post-event evaluation, as well as supporting the network’s engagement with university members and strategic partners. The Senior Manager, Events engages university leaders and industry, government, non-profit, and media partners in the development of APRU governance events such as the APRU Annual Presidents’ Meeting, APEC University Leaders’ Forum, senior administrators’ meetings, and other events as necessary.
Main duties include:Event Strategy Planning and Management
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver in-person, virtual and hybrid events including meetings, conferences, webinars, visits, ceremonies of varied scales across the Asia-Pacific region.
- Plan and oversee the organization of high-level governance meetings to ensure its smooth delivery, including: strategic planning, content development, invitations and registration, marketing and promotion, staffing plans, logistics coordination, and post-event follow-up.
- Manage budgets, prepare proposals, and procure quotations from vendors and suppliers. Oversee timeline and deliver goods and services on time, on budget, and to a high-quality standard.
- Plan and oversee the development of internal meetings and events for strategic planning, team-building, and collaboration.
- Provide guidance, insights, and knowledge on the development of meetings and events across the organization including program events, exhibitions, showcases, research symposia and student events.
Member Relations Management
- Support member relations management as a point of contact to collect timely updates and understand and serve members’ needs.
- Support database management to ensure data accuracy and integrity for communications and research purposes.
- Support the development of database enhancements such as: engagement reports, goal alignment, member profiles, vendor catalogue, UAT, instruction manual for training and monitoring.
- Support communications with members and strategic partners such as government departments, professional organisations, charitable and other non-governmental organisations including drafting letters, congratulatory messages, speeches, presentation slides and preparing memorabilia.
- Any other ad-hoc assignments as required.
Key Selection Criteria
- Bachelor’s degree or above in anydiscipline.
- Substantial experience in project management and/or organising multi- faceted, complex integrated events (virtual, hybrid and in-person) preferably in the higher education or non-profitsettings.
- Possess a flexible, proactive approach and attitude. Great attention to detail with an organized and meticulousapproach.
- Exceptional multi-tasking and time management skills. Able to workunder pressure.
- High level of proficiency in written and oral Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and English. Knowledge of other languages and/or understanding of other APAC cultures is an advantage.
- Experience of working in multi-cultural or multi-lingual settings and/or in a virtual team is an asset.
- Knowledge in MS Office suite and eDM platforms. Knowledge in Zoom webinar, design software or virtual event platforms is an advantage.
- Overseas travels and working irregular hours are occasionally required.
Please send your CV, and availability with your current and expected salary to Ms Ellen Yau, Senior Administrative and Finance Officer.
|Hong Kong Island
|Central & Western Area
- 18 Annual leave days
- Trilingual (English/Putonghua/Cantonese)
- Medical and Life insurance
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The Association of Pacific Rim Universities (APRU) is a network of leading research universities from 19 economies in Asia-Pacific. APRU brings together thought leaders, researchers, and policymakers to exchange ideas and collaborate on practical solutions
to the challenges of the 21st century.
APRU was established in Los Angeles in 1997 by the presidents of UCLA, Berkeley, Caltech and the University of Southern California (USC). More information is available at:http://apru.org/.
The International Secretariat is located at Cyberport, Hong Kong. The Hong Kong members of APRU are the Vice-Chancellors/Presidents of The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The University of Hong Kong and HKUST.
- Industry: Education
- Benefits & Others: Dental insurance, Medical insurance, Five-day work week