Tsim Sha Tsui Jobs Manager, Learning And Engagement (palace Academy), Hong Kong Palace Museum (ref: R4379) Position at West Kowloon Cultural District Authority
- Job vacancies posted on: 7 months ago
We are hiring for the position of Manager, Learning and Engagement (Palace Academy), Hong Kong Palace Museum (Ref: R4379) with full time working hours for our company office, West Kowloon Cultural District Authority, for residents of Tsim Sha Tsui and its neighboring areas.
Candidates with expertise in and at least a Degree or higher are highly needed. The candidates criteria we are looking for must be trustworthy and disciplined, because our business values a professional and competitive work environment.
Our company provides a competitive salary range of HK$14,000 - HK$43,000, which can be adjusted at the discretion of HRD in our company. This range naturally varies depending on how proficient the candidate credibility can be offered.
We are pleased to announce that our company, West Kowloon Cultural District Authority, is currently open recruitment for candidates who are interested in joining our office company as a Manager, Learning and Engagement (Palace Academy), Hong Kong Palace Museum (Ref: R4379).
|Company||West Kowloon Cultural District Authority|
|Position||Manager, Learning And Engagement (palace Academy), Hong Kong Palace Museum (ref: R4379)|
|Region||Tsim Sha Tsui|
|Work Experience||8 years|
|Type of Work||Full Time|
|Minimum Salary||HKD 14.000|
|Maximum Salary||HKD 43.000|
(Candidate with less experience may be considered for the post of Assistant Manager, Learning and Engagement)
You will be responsible for:
- supporting the Senior Manager, Learning and Engagement in developing and implementing the Museum’s innovative visitor-centered learning, interpretation, and public engagement strategy, targeting diverse audiences;
- developing and implementing interpretive strategies and techniques to support exhibition development, operation and development of learning programmes in collaboration with the Curatorial and the Design and Technical Support teams as well as Museum Operations teams;
- researching, designing, implementing and evaluating an array of learning and engagement programmes for different audience segments;
- drawing insights from audience research and participants’ evaluation for programme improvement;
- supporting the development of the Palace Academy at the museum in collaboration with the Museum’s Curatorial and Programming sections, Museum Operation teams, external arts & culture organisations, education institutions, artists , and other partners as well as delivering innovative events and activities for wide variety of audiences;
- developing strong partnerships with institutions and community organisations locally, regionally, and internationally to ensure that the Museum serves a variety of educational needs;
- managing a wide range of projects to ensure they are delivered within the required standards, budget and timeline;
- providing training and professional development of the learning and public engagement staff and volunteer guides;
- assisting in developing, managing, and monitoring budgets related to the learning and public engagement initiatives and programmes; and
- performing other duties as assigned by supervisor when deemed necessary.
- possess a recognised university degree, preferably a MA or higher education in education/art education, museum studies, history, arts, design, cultural management or equivalent;
- have at least 8 years of experience of managing complex and large-scale projects with diverse responsibilities in learning, interpretation, or youth engagement programmes in art, cultural, or educational sectors;
- proven track record of successful long-term collaboration with a wide range of partners, including Education Bureau, local and international schools, NGOs serving youth, principal and teacher groups, and cultural organizations;
- able to work across a wide range of stakeholders, especially those in the education, arts and cultural communities
- proven excellent project and people management skills as well as interpersonal, negotiation, influencing, and problem-solving skills;
- have strong writing and content development skills, such as educational resources;
- have knowledge of the best practices, new theories and methods in the field of museum learning and local school curriculum as stipulated by the Education Bureau;
- good understanding of new technologies, including online and on-site digital platforms that facilitate discovery and learning of the Museum’s offerings;
- familiar with the museum world and the education scene in Hong Kong and Asia as well as knowledge of Chinese art, culture and history, and international museum practices is an advantage;
- proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese; knowledge of Putonghua is an advantage; and
- possess experience in event management and operation is desirable.
For interested parties, please submit your application with detailed CV on or before 17 May 2023. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. The review of applications will continue until post is filled.
Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Your data may be accessed by our appointed recruitment consultants who have agreed to keep confidence of all personal data in not less than the standards applicable to us. Applicants not being invited for interview within 4 weeks from the submission date may assume their applications unsuccessful.
All related information will be kept up to 24 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.
For more information, please visit http://ww.westkowloon.hk or contact:
Ms. Sabrina Lam at +852 22003708
|City||Tsim Sha Tsui|
- Develop and implement learning programmes
- Experience in public engagement programmes sought
- Strong program management skill sought
Apply for Work
Please note that the information contained may change at any time.
Mostly, applying for a job is free of charge, you have to be careful when applying for a job.
Tips from admin. Use polite language and promote yourself as attractively as possible so that the related HRD/Staff is interested in you.
Good luck getting the job you want.
Job Application Instructions
- Go to the "Apply Now" link above
- If you don't have an account yet, please register first, create a profile/upload a resume according to your personal data
- If you have registered, you can immediately log in
- Promote yourself through the tertara job application form
- Done, please wait.
The Hong Kong Palace Museum (HKPM) is a dedicated museum that showcases the exquisite artefacts from Palace Museum’s collections and collaborates with other museums in research, exhibitions, education and public programmes.
The museum comprises 7 800 square metres of gallery space for standing and special exhibitions on Palace Museum’s collections of paintings, calligraphy, antiquities and historical objects, as well as thematic displays on world cultures and civilisations.
- Industry: Others